[sbopkg-discuss] Re: feature idea

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Fri Jan 2 13:07:19 UTC 2009

Hi samac and sbopkg users,

samac <cotterochan at googlemail.com> writes:

> How about running sbopkg at startup, automatically rsyncing and
> checking for updates and then, notifying you with a pop up box saying
> that "sbopkg has found updates available." You would then have to run
> sbopkg to find the updates and their dependencies.

If made optional, I would find this perfect but it *must* remain
optional (I, for sure, won't use such thing otherwise).

> Secondly, could sbopkg do the same job as slackpkg and download and
> upgrade official Slackware packages?

Why not add a menu entry with a choice to run a backgrounded
slackpkg instance ? Once again, it makes perfectly sense for
people using slackpkg (which I am not) and it does not bother
other people (I'd rather want to use slackbuilds).

Thank you very much for your attention.

Xavier