[sbopkg-discuss] Re: feature idea

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Fri Jan 2 20:12:47 UTC 2009

Hi Chess,

samac <cotterochan at googlemail.com> writes:

> I was thinking that as soon as you logged in to your user account, I
> usually use KDE, so that for me would be when X started, but this
> wouldn't be suitable for all people. I agree with Xavier that if this
> were to be added it should be an optional addon. My thoughts are that
> people expect to be told when updates are available, they don't expect
> to have to look at change logs.

Why not do the tip described onto the slackbuilds.org wiki ? I am
doing this and I can see changes on every login and thus decide
wether it is worth upgrading or not. Furthermore, I am not one of
the guy running upgrades (except security advisories) every hour
or so :)

Your feature request is still a good idea but, please, keep it
optional :)

Xavier