[sbopkg-users] r478 and Searchby Installed Packages

slakmagik jsunx1 at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 24 00:43:37 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-23 (Mon) 17:39:25 [-0600], alkos333 wrote:
> Never mind, just had to read the HELP... but  it would be nice if this
> somehow could be integrated in the UI.

I agree, but the problem is a limitation with dialog - only two buttons
can pass useful data (and are already used for PKG and String) and using
another widget would have required a larger restructuring than I was
prepared to do at this point. Also, there aren't many good options even
among the other widget types. Nested widgets are another option but I
try to avoid that as much as possible. In this case, it'd be an extra
step for what I suspect is the majority of use cases where someone just
wants to search all packages.

Still, it's possible it'll be reworked in the future and, if you have
any suggestions or encounter any problems with the current
implementation, post 'em up.