[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Terminals needing refreshing to see sbopkg

Phillip Warner phillip.c.warner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:46:11 UTC 2009

On 2/17/09, Mauro Giachero <mauro.giachero at gmail.com> wrote:
> This other patch, based once again on a suggestion from slakmagik, should be
> even better. Applies on r457, not on top of the previous one (which you can
> safely discard, I suppose).
This patch works great here.  However, I do also have the problem with
screen*, so if you could add that to the list of TERMs using the
workaround please.  That should do it.

Changing TERM=xterm does fix the problem as well, but I don't think
that it is a good idea for root to lie about what terminal
capabilities the terminal actually has.  Also, in a screen session
this causes graphical errors (though at least you can see the dialog
boxes).

thank you,
--phillip