[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Feature request - show diffs

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Feb 17 23:23:47 UTC 2009

* Mauro Giachero <mauro.giachero at gmail.com> [2009-02-17 11:02:56]:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Phillip Warner
> <phillip.c.warner at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > here is my patch for rev 457
> >
> > I took out the tmp file, added the DIFF and DIFFOPS, and made some
> > other minor adjustments.
>

> Thank you for the patch. I'll let Chess pick this up.
> Anyway, the fact that you dropped the tmp causes a (minor) regression: as it
> stands before the patch, if the local and original file are equal, the
> dialog doesn't show up.
> So I'd rather pick up the attached one (untested).
> (Chess, either way we should document the new DIFF and DIFFOPTS variables).

I prefer keeping the temp file for the reason Mauro mentioned in
addition to being able to view it more than once.  Honestly, I am not
sure if $DIFF and $DIFFOPTS are really needed -- the idea here is just
to provide a simple means of showing a diff.  We're only showing
differences between .info and the SlackBuild scripts, so isn't diff -u
sufficient?

--
Chess Griffin