[sbopkg-users] Sbopkg 0.30.0 Issues

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:15:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Pierre Cazenave <pwcazenave at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 28/08/2009 16:12, chess at chessgriffin.com wrote:
>
>> First of all, huge congratulations to Patrick and the entire Slackware
>> team on the release of Slackware 13.0.  IMHO, this is definitely the best
>> release yet, and the addition of Slackware 64 is awesome.
>>
>> Second, big thanks to everyone associated with SlackBuilds.org -- admins,
>> maintainers, and contributors alike.  Getting the repo ready for a new
>> release is a major job by itself, but adding in the Slackware 64 support
>> made it even bigger.
>>
>> Third, unfortunately, there have been a few issues that have cropped up
>> with sbopkg 0.30.0 that we are working to fix.  The major issue is that the
>> "Check for Updates" feature seems to be broken when checking for certain
>> updates.  We're working on a fix and should have that ready soon.  Building
>> and installing stuff with 0.30.0 is working fine, however.
>>
>> Thanks.

> I came across this problem this morning. I've just found the solution, I
> think. See attached patch (it's a one liner).
>
> Pierre

First off, I'd like to thank everybody who took the time to try to fix this
bug, which is admittedly really annoying. The root cause of it is a SBo
template change that I (i.e. the one who takes the blame for the updates
code) didn't anticipate.

Anyway I'm pleased to tell you that this bug, together with another bug
found withing 1 day from the release, should be fixed in SVN revision 708.
You may want to download that one, and if you do, please report any bugs you
find.

Thank you

--
Mauro Giachero