[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Quick question and a two feature requests...

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sun Sep 21 20:42:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Drew <jxa127 at verizon.net> wrote:

> So what I'm talking about, I guess, is some form of error checking. If
> the source file is incomplete or corrupted, sbopkg fails to build the
> package (as it should), but does not offer a way to clear the failed
> source file and try again.
>
> I hope this information helps. As a question/suggestion: is it
> possible to offer to delete the source file if the MD5 sum fails?

Yes, this is a good idea.  As you probably know, you can already clear
out the cache directory of all download files from the main sbopkg
menu, but this blows 'em all away.  I do think it would be helpful to
have the ability to selectively delete certain tarballs in the cache
directory.  This could either be a new standalone entry in the menu
for each application (the menu where you can build or install the
package) or something that appears only when the MD5SUM fails.  The
former might be more helpful as there could be times one would want to
delete the source even if the MD5SUM hasn't failed.

In any event, this is a good suggestion and I'll look at adding in this feature.

> Thanks, also, for pointing me to the section of the man page that
> deals with my question on editors. I'm embarrassed that I missed it.

No worries.  :-)  Thanks for the input and suggestions, Drew!

Chess

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3