[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Suggestion: Automatic Rebuild of Installed Packages

Nenad Spirkoski nenad.spirkoski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:04:33 UTC 2008

> # sbopkg -b "pkg1 pkg2 pkg3"
>
> and it will build (not install) in that order.  By extending it to
> installation, you could have:
>
> # sbopkg -i "dep1 dep2 myfavoritepkg"

> Once I get this going, then I might be able to do something similar in
> the dialog interface.  Perhaps there can be a way for the user to
> manually queue up which packages to build and install in the order
> presented, like a bulk build/install.  This would essentially, put the
> dependency resolution on the user, which is what Slackware does already.
>  :-)  I am sure there are some corner cases where this may not work, but
> it should cover at least 95% of the software in SBo.

commands such as
ls -t /var/log/packages/*SBo | cut -d "/" -f5
or
ls -t /var/log/packages/ | grep SBo

will give you listing of SBo packages sorted by installed time...
which may be "good enought" order for building and upgradepkg
--install-new

Packages that have build deps were installed after their dependencies...
Packages that have run time deps only the order isn't important...
For packages that made into Slackware 12.2 upgradepkg won't install
the SBo version (and such packages will not be in SBo 12.2 repo
anyway)

--
http://www.spiki.be

I sell frozen yogurt which i call frogurt