[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Sbopkg 0.0.9 released - Question?

Bob Lounsbury boblounsbury at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:36:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Bob Lounsbury <boblounsbury at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> First, thanks for sbopkg. It's a great addition to Slackware!
>>

> Thanks, Bob!
>
>> Question. Is there any way to specify a newer package source or place
>> the newer package source somewhere that sbopkg will recognize or use
>> it? Rather than sbopkg using the default package source from
>> SlackBuilds.org.
>>

> Not at this time without manual intervention.  You can always modify
> the SlackBuild and the *.info file to use a newer source version than
> is in the SBo repo and then run sbopkg.  Just make sure the download
> link and the MD5SUM in the *.info file are correct for the newer
> source.  I may add the ability to modify the *.info file to sbopkg in
> the same manner that the SlackBuild can be modified currently so this
> can all be done within sbopkg, but I have not gotten to that yet.  I
> don't think I'll be able to add that to sbopkg version 0.10.0, but
> perhaps for the version after that.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Bob.
>
> --
> Chess Griffin
> GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3
> http://www.chessgriffin.com

That works for me. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you need to worry about this functionality for sbopkg
or not. I just ran into an issue with a package on SlackBuilds that
crashes with newer qt4, but the new source corrects it. So, it's an
isolated case and could/should be corrected from SlackBuilds.org since
it's a known bug.

Cheers,
/Bob