[sbopkg-users] sbopkg blacklisting.

Brian Durant linux at anarchosaxophonist.org
Thu May 3 09:26:28 UTC 2018

On 05/03/2018 01:19 AM, David Woodfall wrote:

> On Wednesday 2 May 2018 14:22,
> Brian Durant <linux at anarchosaxophonist.org> put forth the proposition:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Quite new Slackware user (Slackware64 14.2 and Slackware 14.2). I
>> install the Studioware audio goup packages using sepkg
>> <http://studioware.org/sepkg/>, as recommended. to run the audio group
>> (Slackware) build scripts and/or packages. Unfortunately, not all
>> build scripts are perfect, and I need to use SlackBuild scripts to
>> supplement for dependencies. As I already use sbopkg for my Slackware
>> systems, and there are some SlackBuild scripts that are not compatible
>> with the sepkg package installs, I am very interested in the option to
>> blacklist packages as is mentioned at
>> <https://github.com/sbopkg/sbopkg/blob/master/README.md>.
>> Unfortunately, there is a total lack of documentation on this issue,
>> as far as I can see. I am looking for something similar to
>> /etc/slackpkg/blacklist, but anything at all would be helpful to
>> prevent sbopkg overwriting sepkg packages.
>
> Could you let me know which dependencies you needed to add please,
> and I'll see about getting those added to out repo.

I don't believe that I posted my reply to the list, so I will post
again, also because I have an addition to what I wrote. I believe that I
installed openjdk using sbopkg as when running sepkg -q audio, Yoshimi
refused to compile as there was no jdk version installed on my systems.
Openjdk seemed like the sane choice to me... There may be other build
scripts that also depended on jdk being installed. My original message
is below.

Hello again Dave,

Unfortunately, I didn't take any notes as such. However, I noted that
running sbopkg -i openjdk solved one major hiccup. I have also noted
that when running sepkg -q audio, there are problems encountered in the
quefiles that prevent portmidi and avahi installing. I believe this was
both for the Slackware64 14.2 and Slackware 14.2 installs. Whatever I
needed to install to rerun the build scripts for portmidi and avahi were
picked up by using sbopkg.

All the best,

Brian