[sbopkg-users] Synchronizing queues

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Wed Jan 27 17:48:25 UTC 2016

> They are not identical, but they both point to the 14.1 repository.
> Anyway, I copied the sqg file from A to B, and when I ran it on B I
> got the same results as in A - which is great. However, I do not
> understand why things work correctly with A's sqg file.  A's and B's
> sqg files differ mostly in comments, plus (crucially) in the following
> lines:
>
> 45c45
> < #QUEUEDIR=${QUEUEDIR:-/var/lib/sbopkg/queues}
> ---
>> QUEUEDIR=${QUEUEDIR:-/var/lib/sbopkg/queues}
> 49c49
> < #SKIP_EMPTY=${SKIP_EMPTY:-NO}
> ---
>> SKIP_EMPTY=${SKIP_EMPTY:-NO}
>
> I.e. the original sqg file in B comments out the QUEUEDIR and
> SKIP_EMPTY lines. It is not immediately obvious to me why that should
> have such a huge impact in the number of sqf files downloaded by sqg.

actually, i may have wrong analysis
5700 is the number of scripts available on SBo, but queueu files will be
less and it will be around 2600+ (mine is 2601) since it will only be
generated for packages that have deps.

the easiest way to confirm is to reinstall sbopkg and move sqg from
contrib back to /usr/bin and re-check. Also it's best to remove all
queue files first to get the actual results. I never made changes to sqg
on my computer, only sbopkg.conf

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo