[sbopkg-users] sbosrcarch proof of concept patch

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Fri Oct 30 00:39:00 UTC 2015

> Probably everyone here saw the announcement on the slackbuilds-users
> mailing list about the SBo source archive. If not:
>
> http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2015-October/015081.html
>
> I wrote a couple of client scripts for the archive, that can parse a
> .info file and download the archived sources...
>
> ...but to make the archive *really* handy to use, it should be supported
> by sbopkg. My original plan was to just look at the sbopkg code to try
> to gauge how difficult this would be to implement... but the code is so
> readable and well-documented that it wasn't hard to just go ahead and
> add simple archive support to it.
>
> Attached is a proof of concept diff (against the sbopkg-0.37.1 released
> source). As-is, it works fine, but no doubt the sbopkg maintainers will
> see ways it could be improved [*].
>
> Usage: any time a file fails to download, or its md5sum fails, the prompt
> that asks whether to use it anyway, retry, or cancel now has an A (attempt
> to download from archive) option. For testing, desktop/musca currently
> has a broken download link, and its source file is in the archive already.
>
> The way it works: constructs a URL such as:
>
> http://slackware.org.uk/sbosrcarch/by-md5/e/0/e067a8e39b1a97d62fc8e43800edee70/musca-0.9.24.tgz
>
> (that's a live link, BTW, but stoopid gmail might "helpfully" break
> the line into two)
>
> ...and replaces the current DOWNLOAD value with that, then falls through
> to the rest of the download loop.
>
> [*] Actually I can think of a way to improve it: the patch only supports one
> sbosrcarch site. I added a SBOSRCARCH variable to sbopkg.conf, which takes
> just a single URL for a value. Right now there's only one complete SBo
> archive site, so that's OK... but probably it will get mirrored in the
> future, so it might be nice to have it try a list of them, in order. I
> didn't do this in this PoC because it would complicate the code and be
> a likely source of bugs.

Hi

i have pushed this changes to a separate branch in github: sbosrcarch

please help to test this new features

copy src/usr/sbin/sbopkg to /usr/sbin/sbopkg
copy src/etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf to /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf

if all goes well, it should be coming to next major release 0.38.0

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo