[sbopkg-users] Sbopkg logrotate

Martin Matejek martin.matejek at gmx.com
Tue Jul 30 22:38:49 UTC 2013

Hi list,

today while I was trying to determine why my system partition is running
out of space, I found out that sbopkg build log's size is 124 MB, which
is quite large for plain text file.

Mine starts Thu Oct  4 01:24:40 CEST 2012 and since then I've build and
rebuild many packages (running -current). I know that on stable
Slackware branch this log usually don't grow much, but if you are
tracking current and don't reinstall slack with every new release, this
log could grow to quite large file over the time.

Have you thought about including logrotate config file for sbopg? It
could be for long period of time like month or so, but it wouldn't hurt
to rotate logs after some time.

I already created one
(http://webdev.fit.cvut.cz/~matejm14/linux/sbopkg), so feel free to
use/modify it if you are interested in this idea.

Martin