[sbopkg-users] Abbreviated READMEs

sbop.echo.towerboy at xoxy.net sbop.echo.towerboy at xoxy.net
Sat Feb 16 03:43:12 UTC 2013

I have used sbopkg 0.36 successfully with Slackware 13.37.  However,
I've noticed a problem running it with Slackware 14.0.  I looked in the
latest archives of this mailing list (which end at December) and found
no mention of what seems to me to be an obvious difference.

Many of the README files for the few packages I've tried to install no
longer have the dependencies listed in them.  This is true for Midori
and GnuCash.  The list of dependencies, and the order in which to build
and install them, is critical for getting GnuCash to work.

I must admit, I did not install Slackware on this PC.  It was given to
me by a friend with Slackware 14.0 already installed on it, and I
tweaked it to suit me.  I have been running Slackware for years, though,
so I'm very familiar with it.  The only thing I noticed that isn't
installed is the KDE packages, but I don't know why those would affect
sbopkg, which I run from the command-line.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Was removing the mention of
dependencies a deliberate decision by the sbopkg developers?--

                                Chick