[sbopkg-users] Sbopkg Development Announcement

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Nov 19 14:30:21 UTC 2010

Hello everybody!

I wanted to send a short announcement to the list to let folks know that
I have officially handed over sbopkg maintenance to slakmagik and Mauro
Giachero.  As you probably know, both of them have been actively
involved in sbopkg development for a long, long time and ever since
coming on board, they have driven most of the important improvements.
The reasons for my stepping down are fairly common, I guess:  work and
family life.  It's all good stuff, so no worries there, but the fact of
the matter is that in the past 6-9 months I have found myself with
little time for sbopkg development or other Linux-y general hacking.
Sbopkg needs people with the time and ability to improve and maintain
it.

I am very proud of sbopkg and am pleased with what it has become.  I
have full confidence in the ability of slakmagik and Mauro to continue
maintaining it.  These guys have taught me a lot and they have improved
sbopkg far beyond what I could have done alone.  Thanks to both of them
for helping out and for agreeing to carry the torch.  They are actively
working on sbopkg development right now, so there will continue to be
regular and steady releases.

I'd also like to thank all of the sbopkg users for the bug reports,
suggestions, and general support.  I am really glad that so many folks
find this utility helpful.

Please continue to send your bug reports to the Google Code Issue
Tracker, or post to the sbopkg mailing list, or drop slakmagik or Mauro
an email (please don't send them to me).

Keep on Slackin'!

--
Chess Griffin