[sbopkg-users] sbopkg and git

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Thu May 27 04:23:20 UTC 2010

(I'm cross-posting this to slackbuilds-users for wider exposure, even
though this doesn't relate to people using the git repos manually.)

As Robby Workman mentioned in the Status Report

http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2010-May/005627.html

SBo git repositories are publicly available while the regular 13.1 repo
is not yet.

For those who might be interested in using sbopkg with this repository,
we recommend waiting for the usual rsync-able 13.1 repo to open.
However, if you absolutely can't wait, you might be able to temporarily
create an /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/70-sbogit.repo file with something like the
following line

SBogit 13.1 "SBo-git repository for Slackware 13.1" _SBo git git://slackbuilds.org/[email protected] ""

Make sure $REPO_ROOT/SBogit does not exist, switch your repo to
SBogit/13.1 and do an initial sync. If you do this, beware that this is
not supported nor really tested. And be advised that the git sync will
remove anything currently in the target directory. This behavior may be
familiar to slamd64 users but may be unexpected to SBo/rsync users.

For more information:

http://code.google.com/p/sbopkg/issues/detail?id=47

We will be releasing 0.33.1 of sbopkg as soon as safely possible after
SBo 13.1 goes live, but 0.32.0 does not "know about" some of the changes
in the git repo. Basically, this is all untested and unsupported, but
good luck with whatever you do. :)

Also, apologies to anyone who downloaded sbopkg 0.33.0. There was a
twilight zone where I was testing for release and had uploaded it but
hadn't made any release announcement. Due to the need to take account
of some changes in the SlackBuild template, that release was pulled.
Nevertheless, it appears some people downloaded it. Mea culpa.