[sbopkg-users] Installing slackbuilds after reinstall of slackware

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Mar 26 17:53:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 03:07 -0500, "Donald Cooley" <dfcooley at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> So i did a fresh reinstall of slackware 13. I have many slackbuild *.tgz
> packages that I want to install again with sbopkg. At first I thought
> I could move the SBo folder into /tmp and place all the *.tgz packages
> in /tmp and all would be well. hehe... Anyway, do I need to make a
> local repository to do this?  I don't want to run installpkg on these.
> After I install the local packages I want to sync with slackbuilds.org
> to keep everything up-to-date. I read the manpage and repos.d but
> don't understand how sbopkg will find my pakages.
>

> Regards,
> Donald Cooley

It should just work, but it's not clear from your email what is going
wrong.  Does sbopkg fail to work, or does it not see the installed
packages, do you get any error messages etc.  A bit more detail is
needed.  What is $OUTPUT set to in your sbopkg.conf?

As far as not running installpkg, that is all that sbopkg does, so I'm
not sure what you are saving.  Are these packages you built from
SlackBuild scripts from SBo?  Do they have the "_SBo" tag in the package
name?

--
Chess Griffin