[sbopkg-users] using http

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:30:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Asaf Ohaion <asaf at lingnu.com> wrote:

> I could not find option to use http protocol instead of rsync.
> is it possible ?

AFAIK SBo doesn't offer an HTTP interface to the repository (ok, there are
the web pages, but those aren't exactly suited for batch downloads).
If you need HTTP access to the repository (damn firewalls...) you could ask
the SBo admins to provide it. For example, setting up an http mirror for the
git repository _should_ be quite easy, and once that is set up you could use
it just like we do for the SB64 repository.

Otherwise you could set up a machine that offers the repository as a single
archive through http. Or something like that.
If you in any way manage to have a downloadable repository, then adding
support to sbopkg isn't that hard:
- choose a protocol name, like "myhttp"
- on lines ~233, ~1011 and ~2386 add "myhttp" to the list of supported
protocols
- implement checkout_myhttp_branch() to manage branches (see the other
implementations from line 933 on)
- implement myhttp_command() to perform the actual download of the currently
selected branch (see the other implementations from line 2283 on)
- add a file in /etc/sbopkg/repos.d to let sbopkg know about your
repository.

Good luck
--
Mauro Giachero