[sbopkg-users] renames bugs - sbopkg 0.27.0

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:20:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Phillip Warner
<phillip.c.warner at gmail.com>wrote:

> Mauro,
>
> the latest attached patch looks fine, but I don't have time to
> thoroughly test it right now.

No problem. I'll wait a little more for a review (from anybody). After that,
I can always apply it and wait for the bug reports :-)

Another issue that might come up with this renames business is
> orphaned .sbopkg files.  When a SlackBuild is renamed the old one is
> removed from the repo, but if you have any .sbopkg files in there they
> are not migrated over to the new SlackBuild folder.  Perhaps after the
> rsync a quick scan can be run to determine if there are any folders
> with .sbopkg files that don't have corresponding .SlackBuild files.
> If such a folder is found you could be given the option to have those
> .sbopkg files moved to the renamed folder (and have the old folder
> removed).  The user could then modify the .sbopkg files as needed.

Eh, not as easy/quick as it looks.

> A similar .sbopkg migration might be desired once a new repo
> (Slackware 13) is in place.

I get your points, but I don't think these are realistic features for 0.27.x
or 0.30.0. Your best bet is to open two Enhancement tickets on the issue
tracker, so that your suggestions don't get lost.

--
Mauro Giachero