[sbopkg-users] Obsolete Packages

slakmagik jsunx1 at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 4 22:36:50 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-04 (Wed) 12:11:07 [-0600], alkos333 wrote:
> How about an "Obsolete Package" function in Utilities  menu that would
> do the following:
>
> for pkg in $OUTPUT/*.tgz
>     do
>             if [ ! -f /var/log/packages/${pkg%.tgz} ]; then
>                     rm $pkg
>             fi
>     done
>

> The it's very useful for system porting when somebody just wants to
> reinstall the exact collection of packages without having to recompile
> all of them on the newly ported system, using the queue.  This way,
> you just eliminate obsolete packages on the model system, back them
> up, and then run something like this on the new system:
>
> installpkg $OUTPUT/*.tgz

The above would need to be something like

for pkg in /home/slackbuilds/pkgs/*.tgz; do
    pkgfile=${pkg##*/}
    if [ ! -f /var/log/packages/${pkgfile%.tgz} ]; then
        rm $pkg
    fi
done

to do the path substitution as well as extension removal.

We'd been batting around ideas for something similar, but I don't think
we hit upon this particular thing. Mauro may want to jump in as he had
done some work here.

There shouldn't be any features in this release cycle but, for
version-after-next, we'll see. Thanks very much for the suggestion.