[sbopkg-users] A suggestion

Pierre Cazenave pwcazenave at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:50:17 UTC 2009

First off - for an alpha release, this is remarkably stable and error
free; congratulations to the team!

My suggestion is about the <Queue> submenu.

Having loaded/created a queue, there are a number of options:

View
Load
Save
Edit
Rename
Add
Process

When you want to edit the queue, naturally, you head for Edit. However,
the only editing options in Edit are to delete single items, or clear
the whole queue. In contrast, if you select View, you have the option to
Reverse and Sort the queue. I think these two options should be in the
Edit menu, and there should be only two options in the View menu (which
should still allow you to select/deselect packages), namely OK and Back.

This would group all the edit-type options together (i.e. the ability to
sort, reverse, clear and delete items from a queue) into a single menu,
and leave the View menu to do just that.

I appreciate the issue might be one of limited space in the respective
menus, but perhaps dispensing with the list of packages in the Edit
menu, replacing it with a series of submenu options, and then presenting
the queue again only when one of those submenu options has been selected.

So, a flow to edit the queue order might be:

sbopkg > Queue > Load (load some queue) > Edit > Sort > fiddle with the
order using the existing system

Or, to delete a package from the queue:

sbopkg > Queue > Load (load some queue) > Edit > Delete > then delete
packages in the queue

Just a thought :)

Pierre

(LQ.org pwc101)