[sbopkg-users] Search window on sbopkg beta

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:27:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Chess Griffin <chess.griffin at gmail.com>wrote:

> TBH, I'm not sure we necessarily need to try to solve all of these
> problems in sbopkg.  If the GNU Screen extra characters issue bothers
> someone, they could work around it by putting something like the
> following untested kludge in their .bashrc:
>
> case "$TERM" in
>        screen*) alias sbopkg="TERM=xterm-color sbopkg" ;;
> esac

True. Maybe we should simply document the issue somewhere.
However, the current workaround is problematic on -current, so it should be
removed. While at it, if the export hack works, we can simply put it in.
The next time a terminal issue arises, we scrap the whole idea of working
around terminal issues and start documenting the known problems.

However, the signal handling issue might be a different animal that
> cannot easily be worked around like that.  I just have not looked at
> it yet.

This is far outside the sbopkg scope, though.

--
Mauro Giachero