[sbopkg-users] Queue naming dialogue on exit

slakmagik jsunx1 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 22 23:21:14 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-22 (Wed) 18:56:35 [-0400], Chess Griffin wrote:
> * slakmagik <jsunx1 at bellsouth.net> [2009-07-22 18:33:31]:
>
> > On 2009-07-22 (Wed) 22:56:37 [+0100], Pierre Cazenave wrote:
> > > Evening all,
> > >
> > > I've noticed that if you try and exit sbopkg with an unsaved queue,
> > > sbopkg prompts you to save it using a preset name (sbopkg-autosave-0).
> > > If you delete this name and then select OK, sbopkg exits.
> > >
> > > Perhaps if it offered a warning saying "Your queue will be lost" with an
> > > option to return and enter a name or continue exiting, or something
> > > along those lines, that'd be helpful.
> > >
> > > Just a thought,
> > >

> > And a good one. I think it's a very simple change. If you're using the
> > svn version, then change l.1668 from 'break' to 'continue'. I think it's
> > l.1313 for 0.27.4.
> >
> > This should just cause it to present the dialog box again. If you really
> > mean to exit then, you can hit cancel or escape or whatever.
> >
> > If that doesn't get the job done, we'll try something else, but I agree
> > it shouldn't just exit.
>
> I guess I'm not understanding the problem.  If there is a new queue, the
> dialog box prompts the user to save and fills in a preset name.  If the
> user does not want to save, the user can tab over to 'Cancel' and sbopkg
> will quit.  There is no need to delete the name.  Or, if the user erases
> the name and presses 'Ok' then that is the same effect as pressing
> 'Cancel' -- because no name is given.  Or, the user can keep the preset
> name or change the name and press 'Ok' in which it will save.

I understood him to be saying that, if the user clears the name and then
accidentally hits okay (or hits okay without realizing the consequences)
that it will exit and the user will lose their queue. IOW, saying "Okay
I want to save a queue with no filename" makes no sense but the UI
allows it. And what sbopkg does now in that event is exit when that's
probably not what the user wanted. It could just re-prompt for a
filename or allow the user to hit "Cancel" if they mean to cancel. And
that's what looping back around to the dialog on an empty string will
do.