[sbopkg-users] sbopkg-0.30.0alpha1 root privileges

Phillip Warner phillip.c.warner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:59:02 UTC 2009

It'd be a mess to try and sudo everything, and that is assuming the user
actually is configured correctly for sudo.  That really is not KISS.

Instead, what I would recommend is to have a completely separate script for
regular user use.  You could use many of the functions from sbopkg to make
it, and could even place it at /usr/bin/sbopkg so that it is transparent to
the user that it is a different script..  Of course, for even some mundane
features such as rsync to work, the user would have to have write
permissions to the destination folder.

The code gets really nasty when you try to mix root and non-root.

--phillip