[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Feature request - Option to have cache cleared after build

Phillip Warner phillip.c.warner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 06:41:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com>wrote:

> Do you mean have the option to delete the source tarball?  If so, then
> during a build queue run, would you want to be prompted for this after
> each individual package or at the end of the build queue?  And would you
> want to be able to delete any single one or all of them at once?  Just
> trying to weigh the benefits since you can currently delete individual
> sources by going into that application's menu.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> --
> Chess Griffin

Chess,

Yes, I mean the source tarball.  However, I am suggesting a switch/option
that can be enabled (say from Utilities) so that any time you build a
package (whether queued or not) it is automatically deleted upon a
successful build (immediately).  This is useful, for instance, if you are
low on disk space and you want to queue up some large packages (qt4,
openoffice, etc) and let the machine crank for a while.  You won't have to
worry about disk space filling up as fast since the source tarballs get
deleted as you go.

It should be noted, however, that this would be most useful if the
package-$PRGNAM folder could also be auto-deleted after every successful
package build.  You could even have the package itself auto-deleted after it
is installed via sbopkg.  Perhaps an "auto-delete" dialog with three check
boxes for each of the options would work best.

Thanks for all your work on this program.  It certainly is maturing very
well.

--phillip