[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Sbopkg 0.0.9 released - Question?

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Aug 20 03:25:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Bob Lounsbury <boblounsbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, thanks for sbopkg. It's a great addition to Slackware!

Thanks, Bob!

> Question. Is there any way to specify a newer package source or place
> the newer package source somewhere that sbopkg will recognize or use
> it? Rather than sbopkg using the default package source from
> SlackBuilds.org.

Not at this time without manual intervention.  You can always modify
the SlackBuild and the *.info file to use a newer source version than
is in the SBo repo and then run sbopkg.  Just make sure the download
link and the MD5SUM in the *.info file are correct for the newer
source.  I may add the ability to modify the *.info file to sbopkg in
the same manner that the SlackBuild can be modified currently so this
can all be done within sbopkg, but I have not gotten to that yet.  I
don't think I'll be able to add that to sbopkg version 0.10.0, but
perhaps for the version after that.

Thanks for the feedback, Bob.

--
Chess Griffin